If you confront a judge with the popular saying “In court and on the high seas only the good Lord knows what happens to you”, the answer will promptly come: “No, no, … before the experts and on the high seas …”.
Court-appointed and publicly appointed experts, but also private experts have an important function as experts to support judges or parties. This often involves expertise in the area of the interface between jurisprudence or the administration of justice and other disciplines.
In the following you will find exemplary questions and subject areas that we have already dealt with under the qualified guidance of experts:
- Valuation of general money and capital investments, financing and tax saving models (overnight money, fixed-term deposits, shares, life insurance, real estate funds, etc.)
- Audit of the related financial consulting and planning services
- Categorization of the sales forms
- Assessment of interactions between different asset items
- Were the complex interrelationships, in particular business and economic factors but also individual/personal factors of the investor, taken into account?
- General examination and advice on mortgage financing; examination of market conditions in detail
- Analysis of the financing contracts from a business management and financial-mathematical perspective
- What are the investor’s burdens from the point of view of the total term? Are these acceptable in the specific case?
- Credit assessment / total cost estimate
- Assessment and evaluation of financing for owner-occupied or rented apartments
- Assessment of tax planning options and their influence on the financing of owner-occupied or rented apartments
- Is the brokerage, support and advisory service in connection with the specific securities investment appropriate?
- Valuation of specific listed securities investments based on various performance and risk measures (profitability, liquidity, security)
- Has attention been paid to investor-friendly securities advice?
- Is the concept tailored to the client’s needs and objectives and the specific risk appetite?
- Assessment of property management services in consideration of the economic and legal tasks
- Are WEG / rental or operating cost statements correctly made?
- Review of efficient and economical management (maintenance, warranty)
- Valuation of companies in all sectors as a whole or parts of a company on various occasions (e.g. sale, compensation, estate distribution, loan, divorce, takeover of shares or conversion)
- Consideration of the respective company-specific peculiarities in the individual sectors as well as assessment of the taxes incurred at the company level and the personal income taxes of the company owners.
- Integration of the company pension scheme into the personnel strategy
- Selection, comparison and individual evaluation of implementation methods
- Review of the tax treatment of occupational pensions
- Transferability of pension commitments, in particular Testing of transmission values
- Design and formulation of performance plans, company agreements, collective agreements and individual commitments
- Control / assurance of an adequate level of reinsurance funds
- Negotiations with employee representatives
- Individual advice and pension commitments for managers and employees
- Determination of the inheritance taxation of houses and apartments according to market value, taking into account the new regulations resulting from the reform of inheritance tax
- Is the inheritance tax calculated by the tax office correct or is there a tax saving potential or actual tax savings to be expected in the specific case?
- Valuation in accordance with the current status according to the different variants (capitalised earnings value, comparative value, real value method)
- How can unnecessary valuation costs be avoided?
- Review of the results of insurance consultations already completed
- Review of your insurance needs and comparison with the protection of any existing insurance policies to avoid gaps in coverage for existential risks in the event of damage
- Comparison and individual evaluation of your existing insurance offers
- Tax and legal optimisation of existing pension contracts
- Extrajudicial and judicial enforcement of your claims against the insurer in the event of a claim
Arrange your personal appointment with us.
You are already receiving legal advice and would like a second opinion? In this case please contact Dr. Fiala directly via the following link.
The first telephone call about your request is free of charge.